Ian focuses his law practice on representing medical professionals and their employers in defense of professional malpractice claims. Ian defends health care providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and private practices in cases involving issues related to cardiology, dentistry, general surgery, infectious disease, internal medicine, nursing, nursing home care, obstetrics-gynecology (OB-GYN), orthopedics, radiology, and vascular surgery.
In addition to his health care practice, Ian has experience litigating on behalf of localities in cases involving state and local taxation and zoning, and on behalf of private individuals and insurers in general liability, toxic tort, and transportation litigation.
Ian graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law. While attending, he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Law and Technology and was a member of the Career Services Advisory Board.
Ian handles cases in federal and state courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- B. A., James Madison University, Political Science
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law
- Virginia State Bar
- Richmond Bar Association, Young Lawyers Executive Committee Member
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Virginia Society for Health Care Risk Management